With Google being the best search engine (determine what is the best search engine), you clearly want to be ranking and ranking well for the keyword phrases you’re targeting. It is important having the ability to chart your progress in the various search engines and visiting your positions for the keyword phrases you’re targeting so you can see how successful your SEO is or isn’t.
Doing so manually is one way of doing this, but you will find tools for expediting this procedure.
SEOBook Rank Checker
- 1 such tool that I use is your SEOBook Rank Checker, a free Firefox extension that looks in your browser. You can add your top level domain for the URL then add as many keywords you are interested in finding your position and it will provide you your current or last assessed ranking for that keyword in the search engines of Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Another not so free but amazingly competent tool is SEM Rush. SEM Rush is a Google exclusive traffic/rank measuring instrument that teaches you a good deal about your website concerning your rankings on Google as well as other nation’s various google rank checker tool on search engines. SEM Rush Provides you in depth reports on each of the following categories:
- The most important report shows you EVERY SINGLE keyword that you’re currently ranking for in the top 20 on Google and your present rank for this keyword (plus its positive or adverse recent change/movement) to your entire site on one massive list.
- You also see information related to those key words such as the typical monthly search volume, CPC on AdWords, etc..
- You may also click on any URL next to these keywords to observe any other keywords that are currently bringing up this URL, so you could discover that you’re rank for a keyword which you didn’t anticipate to on your site and from there you can begin putting effort to enhancing that ranking to number 1.
- Even though the majority of these categories are fairly simple, I get asked quite often about the bottom two accounts of “Potential ad/traffic buyers” and “Potential ad/traffic sellers”.
- In “Potential ad/traffic buyers” (Organic into AdWords contest) you can find sites that purchase AdWords in your targeted/ranking keywords. But in “Potential ad/traffic sellers” (AdWords to Organic competition) you can find sites with visitors that are the same with traffic in your AdWords campaign (key words which you buy AdWords).
- This implies that it may be profitable for you to put your ads on sites from one list and place advertisements of sites from another listing on your own website.
- One more convenient thing is that you can use SEM Rush on any computer provided that you’ve got your log in details as it is all kept online.
- Here, do a search for your own domain name at the moment and see which keywords you’re ranking for across your website instantly at no cost. Finally this is a great tool for tracking your progress and success in SEO while having the ability to spy on the competition in the same moment.